Challenging work; brilliant scholars; and the chance to make a difference!
Sojourner Truth Academy (STA) is currently seeking committed, passionate, educators who hold a belief in the ability of our scholars, to join our team of licensed teachers and highly qualified paraprofessionals.
- Special Education Educational Assistant
- 2nd Grade Teacher
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- 4th Grade Teacher
- 5th Grade Teacher
- Art Teacher
- ADSIS Behavior K-1
- ADSIS Behavior 2-3
- ADSIS Behavior 4-5
- ADSIS Behavior 6-8
- ADSIS Academics Kindergarten
- ADSIS Academics 1st Grade
- ADSIS Academics 2nd Grade
- ADSIS Academics 3rd Grade
- Come Teach in MN_Elementary Teacher Position with Hiring Bonus
- 6-8 Grade Math Teacher
- 6-8 Grade Science Teacher
- Literacy Specialist
Sojourner Truth Academy is a PK-8 open-enrollment public charter school in Minneapolis, MN. We are driven by our mission to prepare children for the future by building confidence and a strong sense of self-worth through small classrooms and an open, safe, family-like environment. STA supports families by embracing change when necessary for the good of the children and serving as a bridge to the community. Staff at STA is dedicated to and held accountable for providing a learning experience that is culturally relevant, challenging and fun. Sojourner Truth Academy is a results-driven school founded in 1999.
- $38,000-$48,000+ Experience-based, Teachers
- $15 per hour+ Experience-based, Paraprofessionals
- Potential Annual Performance-Based Salary Increase
- Teacher & Public Loan Forgiveness Eligible Institution
- Staff tuition reimbursement program for pursuing a teaching license or furthering teacher education
- Competitive Family Benefits Plan:
- Single Medical Coverage Paid at 100%
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Retirement benefits
- Health and fitness benefits
Jessica Salas Story Profile
STA WORK CULTURE & ENVIRONMENT
- An open-door, community-like environment where staff and scholars are valued and celebrated
- 89% of staff agree STA is a good place to teach and learn
- Entering the second year of our 5-year Strategic Implementation plan in support of our scholar success profile with 3 strategic priorities:
- Create strong academic vision and support for strong instructional practice
- Increase effective use of data to drive scholar success
- Develop a talent strategy that builds and effective team and drives a joyful culture
- Cultural competency is prized, nurtured, and developed at STA
- STA takes pride in the diversity of our staff: 59% of staff are people of color; 28% of STA teachers are people of color
- 55% of STA staff have between 3-24 years tenure
CAREER DEVELOPMENT & SUPPORT
- 92% of staff agree STA is committed to improving instructional practice
- Team-based work culture with embedded weekly professional learning community sessions
- Focus on data driven growth with 13 annual PD days, on demand Specialist Teacher support in math, reading, special education, & ELL education
- Licensure CEU requirements embedded into staff development schedule
- Weekly teacher support from Lead Teacher, grade-level teams, MTSS Team & our Academic & Behavior Support Team
- 10 days annual paid time off with 21 paid school holidays
IN THE CLASSROOM
- 24:1 Classroom scholar to teacher ratio
- 13:2 Pre-Kindergarten scholar to teacher ratio
- A support staff member in every classroom
- Classroom Budget provided
REQUIRED TRAINING QUALIFICATIONS
- Teaching positions require an appropriate Minnesota Teaching license.
- Paraprofessional positions require:
- Associates of Arts (A.A.) degree or higher OR high school diploma or G.E.D. and at least sixty (60) college credits OR successful completion of Parapro examination. Parapro exam offered by STA.
- Special Education Social Worker position requires a Master’s Degree in social work.
STA is now hiring for the 2023-24 school year! Send resume and cover letter to Charon Scroggins at email@example.com or fax to 612-588-0217
- Please seek more information about our learning community before taking the time to submit an application: www.sojournertruthacademy.org
- Qualified, passionate applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Charon Scroggins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicant materials will be accepted until the positions are filled.