Challenging work; brilliant scholars; and the chance to make a difference!
Sojourner Truth Academy (STA) is currently seeking committed, passionate, educators who hold a belief in the ability of our scholars, to join our team of licensed teachers and highly qualified paraprofessionals.
- Middle School Math Teacher
- Middle School Science Teacher
Sojourner Truth Academy is a PK-8 open-enrollment public charter school in Minneapolis, MN. We are driven by our mission to prepare children for the future by building confidence and a strong sense of self-worth through small classrooms and an open, safe, family-like environment. STA supports families by embracing change when necessary for the good of the children and serving as a bridge to the community. Staff at STA is dedicated to and held accountable for providing a learning experience that is culturally relevant, challenging and fun. Sojourner Truth Academy is a results-driven school founded in 1999.
- $38,000-$48,000+ Experience-based, Teachers
- $15 per hour+ Experience-based, Paraprofessionals
- Potential Annual Performance-Based Salary Increase
- Teacher & Public Loan Forgiveness Eligible Institution
- Staff tuition reimbursement program for pursuing a teaching license or furthering teacher education
- Competitive Family Benefits Plan:
- Single Medical Coverage Paid at 100%
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Retirement benefits
- Health and fitness benefits
Jessica Salas Story Profile
STA WORK CULTURE & ENVIRONMENT
- Team-based work culture with embedded weekly professional learning community meetings.
- An open-door, family-like environment where the staff is valued and celebrated.
- Cultural competency is prized, nurtured, and developed.
- Multi-Tiered System of Support provides targeted academic and behavior supports for every scholar.
- Award-winning model: Teacher Leadership Teams drive and operate STA’s academic program
- 24:1 Classroom scholar to teacher ratio
- 13:2 Prekindergarten scholar to teacher ratio
- A support staff member in every classroom
- Classroom Budget provided
- Licensure CEU Requirements Embedded into Staff Development Schedule
- 97% of Staff look forward to coming to work each day
- 92% of 2-5 graders feel STA adults respect scholars who are different
- 28% of STA teachers are teachers of color
- Staff Makeup: 53% African-American, 36% white, 8% Latino, and 3% multi-racial
- Total Learning Classroom, Minnesota Reading Corps partner school (KG-3)
- Financially strong district:
- *Strong fund balance
- *Highest opinion earned from independent financial audit
- *Minnesota Department of Education, School Finance Award recipient, 15 years
REQUIRED TRAINING QUALIFICATIONS
- Teaching positions require an appropriate Minnesota Teaching license.
- Paraprofessional positions require:
- Associates of Arts (A.A.) degree or higher OR high school diploma or G.E.D. and at least sixty (60) college credits OR successful completion of Parapro examination. Parapro exam offered by STA.
STA is now hiring for the 2020-21 school year! Send resume and cover letter to Alma Trevino at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 612-588-0217
- Please seek more information about our learning community before taking the time to submit an application: www.sojournertruthacademy.org
- Qualified, passionate applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Alma Trevino at email@example.com.
- Applicant materials will be accepted until the positions are filled.